Artist Stephan Doitschinoff, currently exhibiting at IMMA as part of As Above, So Below: Portals, Visions, Spirits & Mystics, will return to IMMA this July to present the CVLTO DO FVTVRV procession, a parade conceived in partnership with philosophical society CVLTO DO FVTVRV. The parade will be part of an exciting outdoor evening of performances at IMMA titled Wilder Beings Command!
Stephan Doitschinoff is now calling for Fvtvre Volunteers to take part in this processional event which is inspired by his extensive research and personal experience appropriating symbols of conservative institutions, such as the armed forces and organised religion, Doitschinoff infiltrates structures of power by using their already established vocabulary to convey progressive ideas concerning modern society and challenging strict social systems that do not encourage individual self-development. In this ongoing project the artist investigates the creation and development of a ‘church-sect’, as well as all the unfolding of this structure, both real and virtual.
There is no dogma, the content is aimed at promoting reflection and critique. As CVLTO DO FVTVRV’s manifesto states “We Have No Answer to Your Problems”.
On Saturday 29 July 2017, IMMA presents Wilder Beings Command! expanding from the major group exhibition As Above, So Below: Portals, Visions, Spirits & Mystics currently on show at IMMA. Wilder Beings Command! explores how the spiritual endures in our everyday lives and celebrates the outdoor site of the museum as an activated space. Performances encompass music, storytelling, dance, philosophy and actioning, to reach out and involve generations both young and old.
- Doitschinoff needs 30 people to act as Fvtvre Volunteers, leading the procession through IMMA’s grounds.
- Contact IMMA at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
- Fvtvre Volunteers must be over 18 years or otherwise accompanied by a guardian.
- In addition to the event on 29 July 2017 Fvtvre Volunteers need to be available for 3 x 2hr evening rehearsals during the week of 24 July 2017.
- Your participation in the performance will take no longer than 1 hour.
- Costumes will be provided, and you may be asked to wear specific generic clothes or colours.
- No expertise is required, anyone can be a Fvtvre Volunteer.
Want to Know More?